Calling all female writers.
Baggage Productions is looking for original monologues written by women for a season in November 2011. Baggage hopes to present over 20+ new monologues performed by different actors. The monologues are planned for three separate nights, and will be directed by a selection of Melbourne directors.
We are excited to highlight the work of female writers, celebrate the monologue as a form and showcase Melbourne performers and directors.
- Monologues must be between 1 and 10 mins.
- Monologues can be on any topic or theme. Please try to keep elaborate costumes and props to a minimum (unless you can supply them.)
- Be as imaginative and creative as you like. We classify a monologue as a single performer on stage as the focus of whatever is happening.
- Monologues can be for any gender.
- Multiple entries are accepted and welcomed.
- Participation will be unpaid for all.
- All casting will be finalised and decided by Baggage productions.
- A call for actors will follow on August 1st.
- Monologues for the season will be finalised by Friday September 9th.
Please submit all monologues to email@example.com. You will be emailed upon receipt.