Auditions close at midnight on Sunday 18th September, 2022
Casting for MwM will be done via self tape. Filmed auditions must be submitted using the google form detailed in this page, along with headshots and CV’s.
Please read the following instructions carefully. Available from this page are:
- A list of excerpts.
- Instructions for self tape.
- Registration and submission form
These are from the chosen monologues this year. You must use one or two of these excerpts for your audition as follows:
1.Two takes of one of the monologue excerpts. Please provide us with two interpretations of the piece to show range.
2. Select two contrasting monologues, one take of each.
Instructions for Self tape
Your submission should include:
- A brief (30 second) chat to camera – introduce yourself, experience in theatre/film, training, special interests
- Your excerpt selections
Tips for filming:
- Avoid looking directly at the camera or in complete profile to the camera (unless this is a deliberate actor choice).
- Whilst the audition is on screen, we still need to see how you would move on stage, so please don’t feel limited to just a close up, you can frame it as a long shot and move within that.
- Keep the camera steady and avoid zooming in and out. Best to keep the frame still and in a mid-shot (chest and head).
- Avoid empty space above head.
- Shoot against a plain wall with enough light so we can clearly see your face. Avoid shadows. Natural light is best. Do not film in front of a window and best to film inside and avoid too much background noise.
- If you’re filming with an iPhone / Smart Phone ensure that it is landscape, NOT portrait.
We are taking all submissions via a Google form – the form will collect some basic information, your headshot/CV or website and also your audition files.
Please have everything ready to go before accessing the form.
If you encounter any issues with this process please email info@baggageproductions and let us know what’s up.